22 February 2012

Impromptu sweet treat...

Hmmm, I'm into the salty, sweet taste at the moment. I absolutely love the salted caramel popcorn that's all the rage but one of my all time favourites has to be chocolate covered pretzels. I don't know what it is but they are super delicious and I can't get enough of them.
Image via here
But, here's the big but! At £5.99 a pop on Amazon it's not the sort of sweet treat I can afford to eat on a regular basis.  So I decided to have a go at making my own, now not wanting to eat too much chocolate I thought I would just drizzle these with chocolate.

Ingredients

1 bag of original pretzels (I used Penn State pretzels because they taste great on their own!)
1 bar of milk chocolate (can't beat my favourite Galaxy choc)

Here's how

Break the chocolate into pieces.
Put one or two squares in your mouth (cooks treat).
Put in the microwave for 1 to 2 mins, depending on your microwave.
Lay the uncoated pretzels on foil
Stir the melted chocolate and spoon over the pretzels. I like to drizzle over the pretzels it sounds more decadent.
Refridgerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate hardens.
Eat them!!


They were super tasty and even my eldest loved them. Have a go yourself! TTFN ~x~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover