9 March 2011

My Love of a Wreath....

As you may be aware, I'm a bit mad about wreaths and in a previous post I told you about the wreath I was in the process of making....well I'm still in the process of making that one!!  However, in the meantime I have made  this cute yarn wrapped wreath.

I need to restock my Folksy shop, Doodle Dandy,  and I found lots of inspiration on my Pinterest board, A Wreath to Remember.

I wrapped the polystyrene wreath in a lovely grey yarn, which I did over a few evenings....it may have been quicker but half way through the process I had a complete melt down with the yarn which had become knotted and very messy, so I had to sort that out first!

Then I decided I was going to put a cute white felt flower on it, I basically cut some petal shapes out and kept sewing them together until I was happy.  I finished the flower with a small pearl embellishment.



I wasn't entirely sure if it was going to be a shelf wreath or hanging wreath, but went with the hanging wreath in  the end and made a plaited yarn hanging ribbon.



Well here it is, I'm really pleased with it, but a little unsure of the hanging medium.....hmmm....then just gotta decide how much to charge for it on Doodle Dandy! TTFN ~x~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover